St. Michaels and All Angel's Church Eaton Bishop

Although a building existed here before the Norman Conquest, construction of the tower and enlargement of the church took place post-conquest. A major restoration occurred in 1885 and the 422 pipe organ was installed in 1888.The church is situated at the highest point in the village – about 400 feet above sea level. The wall construction uses local sandstone and the spire is covered with oak shingles.  A rare feature is the almost complete carriage drive around the church. However, the most notable feature is the medieval stained glass of the East window considered by Nicolas Pevener to be “the finest decorated glass in the country…”.

(Words and stained glass window photographs taken from  Hereford churches tourism group)